Saturday, March 14, 2009

Krenov Plane


Hi Folks
I've been collaborating with British Woodworking magazine on a project (yes, involving planes!). Here's a little pic - a somewhat familiar looking plane.
This one is made from a piece of Apple I've been hoarding for a few years. Sadly, upon breaking the plank down into smaller pieces I discovered it was full of worm :( Still, had enough for one plane. As you can see from the pic it has wonderful depth to it and lots of fine figuring.
I can totally understand why Krenov talks about fruitwoods so much in his books. I want more!!!
Cheers
Philly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the look of fruit woods. I've seen some apple wood as light as maple and others darker tone like yours. And then theirs that pearwood Steinway Piano.

Swanz

Anonymous said...

Nice plane, Philly!

But the blade lacks a proper logo...