Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Guitar Update


Hi Folks
Now some of you may remember that I used to do some woodworking back before I got caught up in making planes. And that I started an acoustic guitar project about a year ago? Well I came over a bit strange on the weekend and actually made a little progress....
The guitar is based on a Weissenborn slide guitar and has a hollow neck - the body goes all the way to the headstock. I had made the front, back, sides and fingerboard and was approaching the point where I glued it all together. So this weekend I made a start. Both side pieces are now glued in place and it looks like a guitar now, instead of a guitar kit ;)
Can't promise when I 'll have another update, but it is very satisfying to see the guitar take on a 3D shape :)
Cheers
Philly

P.S. I'm still trying to contact Folks who have ordered planes in the month of February - please get in touch if you have!

No comments: