Monday, January 17, 2011

And Then...


Hi Folks
Here's another couple of planes for your enjoyment. First up a Moulding plane.
This one was a commission for a furniture maker who was asked to make a piece for a customer with a 20mm radius on the edges - I was happy to make a 20mm radius Moulding plane for him to do this, making for a happy customer.

Next is a Coffin Smoother in Beech - I'm really pleased with the shape and proportions of my smoother. It's very comfortable in the hand and allows you to grip it in many different ways, something that isn't possible with planes that have handles. And the traditional choice of Beech makes for a handsome plane!

On the bench is something in Rosewood. Pics soon!

Cheers

Philly

P.s. - The title refers to a scene from one of my favourite films, "Dude, Where's My Car". Chinese takeout anyone?

No comments: