Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Festival Of The Tree


Hi Folks
It's that time of the year again - time for the "Festival of the Tree" at Westonbirt Arboretum. This is a wonderful event in a beautiful setting- every possible wood related discipline is represented and there's tons of things for the family to do while you drool over the hand tools!
This will be my third year demonstrating at this show and I'm real excited this year to be demonstrating Lie-Nielsen tools. I'll also have a display of my own planes present, so don't panic.
If you are attending make sure you come by my bench and say "Hi"!

On another note, I have actually finished a project I've been working on for the last few months. It's an electric guitar - a Gibson SG replica. She's come out pretty well - I've put step-by-step on my Philsville site for you to see how she was constructed.

Cheers
Philly

3 comments:

Seanhellman said...

I will call in and say Hi, I usually can not stay away from the Classic hand tool tent, that is if they let us on site, through all the wet and mud to set up our stands. Lucky me, I am out side providing my own shelter.

Anonymous said...

See you there on Sunday, Phil. Hope the weather's not too bad.

Cheers ;-)

Paul Chapman

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil
the guitar looks like already vintage. I followed the process of building on your website, though some pictures failed to dsplay. great job as usual !
the link to a biggere size display failed to work too.
By the way, I purchased a small panel raiser from three years ago, I'm still very happy with it? it's now living and working in Tahiti !
cheers
Karim
Tahiti