Monday, June 22, 2009

News....


Hi Folks
Been a lot happening here over the last week or so and its been busy! I only just found time to sneak in my birthday ;)

Completed a trio of planes for an American customer - he wanted some custom touches on two of them. First, a Jack - an offset tote, styled like an 18C plane. And then a smoother, but shaped like the one in Moxon's book. Interesting styling, but surpringly comfortable to use. Once the customer gives me his feedback I'll post some pics.

Current plane in progress is a brass soled coffin smoother in African Blackwood. This one will be the first with a norris style adjuster, though. I think this will turn out to be quite a plane and I can't wait to see it completed.

Other news - Karl Holtey has launched a new website. Take a look here...... He makes the most astonishingly wonderful planes, and to the highest possible standard. I don't think I'm out of line to say his are the finest in the world - his attention to detail is otherworldly!

In the pipeline are some exciting new projects - I'm so excited about them I want to blurt out the details. But you're just going to have to be patient - watch this space :)

Cheers

Philly

No comments: