Friday, September 08, 2006

Nearly There!!!


Well Folks, the day of reckoning is almost here. I hope to pop by the Yandles Woodworking show lunchtime then it's race back home time to prepare for tomorrows "UK Workshop Big Bash".
Original response was a little, uh, muted. That has transformed into slight "woodworkers madness" and I have woodies preparing to travel from all over the country. Even Cornwall ;)
The tool chest is very nearly complete. The fitting out of the drawers is going to take some time and I've been turning handle shapes to see which is the favorite.
I'll report back tomorrow night with a report.
Wish me luck,
Philly

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That--the fitting of tools--is the fun part!

Y'all have fun at the Event of the Year...

Take care, Mike

Alf said...

Can't say as I noticed that much "racing back" from Yandles... :~P

Philly said...

Sorry I couldn't get the Webcam working Mike-I wasted hours trying :(
It was a fun day-wish you could of made it. Maybe next year??
Al
Yeah, we didn't exactly race off. I blame that Mike Hancock fellow. Or the fact that we are sad toolheads who just love hanging around a sawmill ;)
Cheers
Phil

Anonymous said...

No worries, Phil! The pictures and commentary on the forum have consoled me.

Sorry for your sake you tried so long to make it work to no avail--makes one feel the time was wasted and I do appreciate the efforts.

Oh to make it next year. That would be grand.

Take care, Mike

Philly said...

It's so frustrating when the computer just refuses to co-operate. No matter, hopefully pics should continue to seep out ;)
Next year-deep thought is taking place already. Maybe we could sponsor you?
Cheers
Phil