Wednesday, November 04, 2009

In The 'Shop...

HI Folks

With the nights drawing in and the temperature dropping, its been quite pleasant working away in my little workshop. With plenty of light, a warm/dry atmosphere and the iPod playing away in the background it makes me want to get in there and make planes! Which is a good thing...... ;) And the foam mats I fitted on the floor are great - they've already saved a few chisels from dinged edges!

With the Post Office strikes and disruptions over the last few weeks and possibly into the coming weeks out deliveries have been rather hit and miss. But I only use courier delivery for my planes, which is uneffected by the disruptions -so if you are considering ordering a plane, have no worries about it being delayed.

Remember the Infill prototype from the last blog entry? I've been giving it some serious use over the last few weeks and I'm very impressed with its performance. So I'm working on a second, slightly larger version. Pictures soon!

On the bench at the moment are a pair of Jack planes. One is to have a profiled sole so the customer can make coopered doors. They are both from English Beech, with the handles, wedges and strike buttons from Rosewood. Again, pics will be along soon - the Beech has some wonderful ray figuring.

Lambrettas News!
We play the 100 Club, London on the 15th of November. Support from Long Tall Shorty and The Teenbeats, so it should be quite a night! More details on our Facebook page.....

Cheers

Philly

No comments: