Thursday, March 08, 2007

Oil

Hi Folks
The drawer is nearly finished. I veneered a panel for the bottom last night so will be able to assemble the drawer today. The final runner components arrived so I have no excuse!
I've also been working on a home made marking gauge. I epoxied the brass and wood pieces together last night so will be able to see how effective it is today. Pictures soon......
The oil finish on the table has been on there for a few days now. I love the way walnut seems to mellow out once the oil has penetrated. When you first wipe on the finish the wood looks a little excited and there is big variation in the shades and colours. But it now looks more "whole". There is still variation in colour but it just seems to blend together just right.
Does anyone else find this or are the Turps starting to get to me?
Cheers
Phil

No comments: