Sunday, October 02, 2005

Enter Sandman

I hate sanding.......
Yes, I really mean it. I am so sick of sanding this chair. Spent two hours working on some areas that needed work. Stand back and take a look-yup, another 10 hours to go, by the looks of it. This piece needs so much detail work. Now I remember why I like using hand planes......
On the up side, I do like the chair. It looks really good (IMHO)and that is only down to the hours put in. Really looking forward to saying "It's finished" though!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Philly,
The chair looks great! Do you put it to bed every night?

Chris

Philly said...

Ha, ha, ha....
Yes, the picture was taken on the spare bed, very witty....
I have had a few people take the mickey over that one-time to get a back-drop for taking more professional pictures, I think!

Alf said...

Okay, I'm almost certainly being very dense here, but what picture?!

S'looking good, but I take it you won't be making a set for the dining room then...? :~)

Alf (who is extremely slow to comment - sorry)

Philly said...

Ah.....Being a bit sneaky I have removed said photo. It was on this page...
http://www.philsville.co.uk/maloof7.htm
I'll email it to you (now you have that new fangled broadband thing ;)