Monday, August 15, 2005

Pocket Hole and Hole-In-Pocket

Spent the weekend at my parents house in Wales, so a woodwork-free weekend. Well, apart from the 4 doors I built to finish off the built-ins for the spare room. Can't beat a bit of down-and-dirty woodwork-mdf rails and stiles, ply panels, pocket hole joinery and a coat of paint. Took about a hour start to finish and voila! four doors! I'll post some pictures soon.
Obviously haven't made a start on the walnut. Maybe later-better change the bag on the dust extractor!
Have had my eye on a Stanley 71 for a little while. The money people are willing to spend on them on Ebay is scary, though! Saw one go for £68 the other day-crazy! A couple of antique tool dealers are selling them mint for around £40-whats wrong with people?? So Philly's money making tip-buy a #71 cheap and triple your money on the 'Bay.......
Cheers
Philly

3 comments:

Alf said...

Well, well, so Blogging eh? I blame myself; leave you Blog-less for a week and you obviously missed it... ;~) But that's not the reason for shuffling into your comments box. Nope, it's to enquire why you want a #71? I'm curious.

P.S. I absolutely refuse to be a "Phil-ette", so don't even ask!

Philly said...

Wondered how long I could remain solo! ;)
Funnily enough, those funny old hand tools come in useful. I have the smaller hand router and used it a few times recently. Thought a #71 would be useful. Also havent bought a toll for a week. Well-few days, anyway...........
Phil-ette?? Aaaah-go on!
Cheers
Philly

Alf said...

Hmm, well last thing I want to do is arrest your slide down The Slope, but to be honest I think the little one's just about the most useful in the Normathal/Neanderite workshop. I hardly ever use my Stanley #71. Or Millers Falls. Or... Er, um... Am I coming across as a bit of a c*ll*ct*r here? :~S