Thursday, March 09, 2006

Two Fat Ladies


Nearly done! Just need to fit the hinges and get oiling.
Made up some trim using my #66-the first time I've really used in anger. Came out really well and surprised myself with how classy it looked compared to the "easy option" of using the tailed router. Maybe there's hope for me yet? ;)
I've also been doing some more veneer style experiments. My next project will be a curvy one.....
And where's those tempting photo's, Mike?? I keep running to the computer to check for evidence........Just kidding-take as long as you need.
Cheers
Philly

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about 10:30 am as I write this, and with getting Kris' workday lined out and shuffling paperwork and all. But even with the interuptions from real work, you should see it now [g]. That Cocobolo just shines, especially with the brass bolts.

Nice detail on the saw till. I have always wanted to make another nice one. But the cobbler's children...So will this project show up in a mag? Plans 'n all?

On a related note, the saw is roughly 25" in total length if you need to plan for it.

Take care, Mike

Philly said...

Got me drooling, Pal!
25 inch? Just happen to have a slot handy.......;)
Have a good weekend,
Philly

Anonymous said...

Oops--I just read what you actually wrote. I emailed links last night about 5:30 pm my time. Here they are--which probably makes my earlier blog entry mean something:

http://wenzloffandsons.com/saws/pe/pe_0003a.jpg
http://wenzloffandsons.com/saws/pe/pe_0004a.jpg

If I knew how to make links, I would have...

Take care, Mike

Alf said...

Ooo, purty, Mike. But get a move on - it needs to get to Phil while I still know where he lives... ];~>

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Alf. Teeth are all sharp...just about ready.

But I'm now stuck on the computer finishing adding pictures to the kit instructions. We have 12 kits to mail today and I had the bright idea to illustrate them...

Even used pics of Phil's saw [g].

Take care, Mike