Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jointer.....



Had a busy week making planes - lots of planes :) Just finished a jointer for a customer who already has five of my planes - 24 inches long, razee style in Goncalo Alves. Kingwood strike button to add a little bling and a 6mm iron. Also made two more "Black Beauties" in Santos Rosewood - such a beautiful timber. And I'm working on the metal parts for my first moving Fillester - pics soon!
Anyway, the reason for listing some of this weeks delights is to quickly sidestep the lack of progress on the "Inphil" thumb plane. I've milled out the mouth and chosen a nice piece of rosewood for the woody bits but that's as far as I've got. And I need to make the parts for the adjuster. Seems like I have a metalwork day ahead of me!
Cheers
Philly

3 comments:

Nick Brygidyr said...

Whats that i see in the background? A metal plane??? tsk tsk Phil! Keep up the good work!!

Philly said...

Ahhhhh...my secret is out ;)
Cheers
Phil

archiphile said...

Phil,

you do some great work I am waiting with baited breath to see the progress on the other projects