Wednesday, October 24, 2007
An update on the Norris restoration....
I've removed the crosspins and screw cap from the plane. This made cleaning up the remaining rust easier. I also made a useful discovery of a rust removal gel that works really well. Here's the link....
With all the rust gone I applied a coat of lacquer to the inside surfaces and a coat of shellac to the outside. I have lots more to do to the outside!
The front bun has been fitted and I need to do the final shaping. But the rear tote need some time spent on it - looking forward to that if I get a spare hour.
I'm really looking forward to putting the plane back together. It may be a while yet, though ;)