Thursday, September 08, 2005

Boo-Boo

Came up against a little boo-boo today.......
The right leg of the chair featured a small amount of the rounded edge of the plank (sapwood). Thought I'd be able to get away with it-until fitting the arm. No chance! So had to do some head scratching and repairwork. Think it came out o.k.-time will tell if it sticks out like a sore thumb.
The shop looks such a mess at the moment, it really is a bit embaressing. But there never seems to be enough room, even when I re-arrange things. Guess I just need some extra time to sort that out. Hah-don't get me started on time............

2 comments:

Alf said...

Bad luck, Phil. Still, as I always tell myself when it all goes wrong again, the hallmark of a good craftsman is the ability to hide their mistakes.

That's why I like working in the winter when the wood stove is operational...

Philly said...

You know, even after building two mock-ups there is still so much "make it up as you go along" to this chairmaking malarky. Templates and jigs would be nice but, hey!
Just know this is going to bug me every time I look at the finished chair.......
Maybe I could paint it?? ;)