Thursday, January 14, 2021

New Year Update

 


So 2020. What a year! Out of the blue life got turned upside down for the whole world. I don't think anyone was expecting that! Hopefully if you're reading this you have managed to stay safe and have held on to your sanity?

Normally at this time of the year I'd be trying to get myself motivated in the workshop by trying new projects or having a bit of a cleanup and to be honest that's exactly what I have been doing. I've had a major rehaul in the workshop, moving benches around and getting rid of unnecessary items that I've held onto (read "hoarded") for years. The 'shop feels much bigger and I'm inspired to get working. I have a few new projects in the pipeline and these will be unveiled as the year progresses. 

You may have noticed I've been pretty quiet on social media. Normally I quite enjoy social media as I'm a single craftsman who works on his own, so a lot of the time I don't get much in the way of company and I enjoy seeing what everyone else is doing (as well as sharing my work also). But I have to say as the last year ground on I found social media to be a pretty corrosive place and have kept a distance for my sanity. I must say I do miss Instagram, the simplest format really appealed to me but as it's become Facebook MKII it does seem to be kind of pointless now. But hey, rant over. I've got a lot of photo's of planes and work from the last six months so I'll get uploading stuff.

But onwards and upwards. What does 2021 hold from Philly planes? I've got a couple of new models in progress at the moment which I'll be sharing shortly. And I will be teaching two classes on making wooden planes at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking in July. Here's a link to these classes...


Hopefully there's light at the end of a tunnel with the vaccines and come summer we should see life returning to normal. Fingers crossed!

Philly

No comments: