Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Yandles Show

Hi Folks
I'll be attending the Yandles Spring Woodworking Show in Martock, Somerset  (near Yeovil) this coming weekend (Friday 11th and Saturday 12th April). It's a great show to visit (especially as its free entry and parking) and it is set in the grounds of a real working sawmill, so there is lots of interesting stuff to see as well as the tools! I'll be on the Classic Hand Tools stand so do drop by for a chat if you are attending.

News......I have a new apprentice! Steve has been helping me out over the years on the occasional project (as well as being a friend for twenty something years!) and has a skill set which meshes nicely with my own. He will be taking on stock preparation and milling up irons to allow me to catch up a little with the order list. We hope to introduce some exciting new products and planes in the coming year and I am genuinely excited at the prospect of having someone to work alongside me - sometimes even I get board of talking to myself ;)



Planes...you may have noticed that some more planes have been added to the site. I now offer the Fore plane and Try plane as standard items, both excellent planes for the preparation and truing of timber. And I have also added the Dovetail plane as a standard item - this is for cutting the male part of sliding dovetails and features adjustable fences to allow a wide variety of sizes to be cut.

Back to the bench....

Philly

1 comment:

David Wall said...

Exciting! The dovetail plane is a thing of beauty.